GUIDE TO GET A SPEED HUMP INSTALLED
YOU CAN GET A SPEED HUMP ON YOUR BLOCK!
Do you feel that vehicles are traveling at unsafe speeds down your block? Follow these steps to get a speed hump added to your block:
1. Get signatures from at least 50% of residents on both sides of the street on your block using this Petition Form.
2. Submit the Petition Form and this Application Form to the city at this address:
City of Milwaukee NTMP
Department of Public Works
841 N. Broadway, Room 920
Milwaukee, WI 53202
3. Receive study from the city with their opinion of your speed hump request.
4. If study approved a speed hump need and Alderwoman Coggs supports the request, each property owner in the affected block will receive an exact assessment for their property mailed to them with a reply card to vote in favor of or against the speed hump project.
5. If approved, get your new speed hump!
For a more formal description of the process, read this letter provided by the Department of Public Works