Guide To Get A Speed Hump Installed
January 14, 2022 | Categories: Uncategorized
YOU CAN GET A SPEED HUMP ON YOUR BLOCK!
Do you feel that vehicles are traveling at unsafe speeds down your block? Follow these steps to get a speed hump added to your block
- Get signatures from at least 50% of residents on both sides of the street on your block using this Petition Form.
- Submit the Petition Form and this Application Form to the city at this address:
City of Milwaukee NTMP
Department of Public Works
841 N. Broadway, Room 920
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Receive study from the city with their opinion of your speed hump request.
- If study approved a speed hump need and Alderwoman Coggs supports the request, each property owner in the affected block will receive an exact assessment for their property mailed to them with a reply card to vote in favor of or against the speed hump project.
- If approved, get your new speed hump!
For a more formal description of the process, read this letter provided by the Department of Public Works